MCom(Accounting); BBus(Law); FCA; GAICD.
Bishop Business Solutions is owned and operated by me – executive and business coach Jennifer Bishop.
Based in Perth Australia, my experience working in diverse industries including technology, resources, engineering, finance, education and manufacturing has created a wealth of knowledge that I draw on to ensure your expectations are met.
Over my many years of experience I have found successful change occurs with leaders who have the following 7 traits:
- Really WANT to succeed. The end goal is important to them for deep personal reasons. They are committed to making it work.
- Know I don’t have the answer. Each person’s want, background and skills combine uniquely. It would be arrogant for me to advise a solution, but together we can create an effective route forward.
- Own the problem, yet know its a problem that’s shared. They know that where the business stands now is a result of their actions and those of their team. They bravely face this to make change happen.
- Know there is no quick fix. Fast change happens only in Hollywood blockbusters. Successful change comes from lots of small improvements – which can quickly add up to significant results.
- Are compassionate. Until a plan is executed the exact results will not be known. Sometimes things go wrong. Successful leaders understand their team’s frustrations and will be ready with a positive word to keep them going.
- Are prepared to be vulnerable. They know that they will make mistakes along the change journey and accept this as a normal part of life.
- Want a simple process that is easy to follow. My process is proven on thousands of businesses. It is built on common sense and works step by step.
If you are a leader like this, I’d love to speak with you.
A Personal Note
My belief is that a firm where people are valued and ideas are cherished creates a meaningful and fulfilling work culture. Such a culture encourages connection to results and a desire to contribute to the lives of others. This is why I do what I do – I contribute in my small way to building our communities.
Away from work I sail, cycle, play in the garden and cook. These things produce much contentment in me.